RMA Policy 2020 – NA & CSA Region
Compliance with Law:
Scope of this policy:
- Customer cannot sell, license, or otherwise ship, directly or indirectly, any such Allied Telesis products or technical data for export or re-export into the embargoed countries identified by the U.S. Department of Commerce or identified by the applicable authorities within the Territory.
The following explains the Allied Telesis Inc. RMA (Return Material Authorization) Policy. It covers all requests for faulty product returns. These include:
RMA orders for products covered by a support program, will be processed in accordance with the service levels of the purchased Net.Cover Support Plan https://www.alliedtelesis.com/services/netcover
- DOA (Dead on Arrival)
- Warranty Replacement
- Out of warranty replacement
Any questions regarding this policy should be addressed to NA_support@alliedtelesis.com
Out of box or DOA failures are defined as a product which fails within 30 days of purchase. These units will be exchanged free of charge on an advance replacement basis. The customer is responsible for the shipment of the faulty unit(s) to the Allied Telesis Repair Center. If after 30 days, the faulty product is not received by Allied Telesis, the customer will be invoiced for the unit(s) at full market value.
IN WARRANTY + OVER 30 DAYS OLD
All products in warranty and over 30 days old will be replaced free of charge. The customer is responsible for the shipment of the faulty unit(s) to the Allied Telesis Repair Center. Allied Telesis Inc. will endeavor to replace these units within 60 working days of receipt at the Allied Telesis Repair Centre. Allied Telesis will cover the cost of shipping the replacement unit(s) to the address indicated by the customer.
OUT OF WARRANTY
Allied Telesis will, at its discretion, offer to repair any out of warranty products, subject to the customer agreeing to Allied Telesis’s repair charge. Allied Telesis Inc. will endeavor to repair these units within 90 working days of receipt at the Allied Telesis Repair Center. The customer is responsible for the shipment of the defective units to the Allied Telesis Repair Center.
NOTES ON RMA POLICY
- ATI’s obligations hereunder are conditioned upon the return of affected Hardware in accordance with ATI’s current Return Material Authorization (RMA) procedures.
- R.M.A. is for defective hardware only. No other hardware or accessories should be returned. This includes modules, cards, CD, user guide, wires, cables, Allied Telesis Inc. will take no responsibility for unauthorized returns. Units returned without authorization may be returned to the customer, at the customer’s expense or scrapped.
- No Fault Found (product in warranty). Where the returned unit is found to have no fault, or symptoms different to those reported to the Allied Telesis Technical Assistance Center (TAC), Allied Telesis Inc. reserves the right to invoice the customer a charge of $140.00+ shipping to cover transport and administration costs.
- Customers taking advantage of the free advance replacement service, are deemed to be agreeing to the following condition. They will be invoiced the market value of the advance replacement if the faulty unit(s) are not received by Allied Telesis within 30 days from the date the RMA was shipped.
- Damaged goods - Should any product returned under the advance replacement service, be damaged by customer negligence in such a way as to invalidate the warranty, then the customer will be invoiced for the replacement unit(s) at full market value. The customer will be given the option of having the damaged goods replaced as a chargeable replacement, having them returned in the same condition at his cost, or scrapped at the Allied Telesis Repair Center.
- Incorrect Goods - Where goods are returned which differ to those sent out under the advance replacement program, Allied Telesis Inc. reserves the right to reject these goods back to the customer at the customer’s expense. The customer will also be invoiced the market value of the replacement product.
- Any customer sending in a defective unit without first having received an authorized RMA number will be invoiced for any costs this unauthorized use incurs, including but not limited to shipping and administration charges.
- Any customer using their own courier to return goods to Allied Telesis Inc. must ensure that all freight costs are paid to the door. Allied Telesis will not accept any goods with freight or duty owing.
- Allied Telesis Inc. reserves the right to ship the nearest functionally equivalent unit to the customer, should there be no exact replacement available.
- Failure to properly protect the product during shipping may void the Product warranty.
- The return authorization number must be written on the outside of the carton to ensure its acceptance. We cannot accept delivery of any equipment that is sent to us without an RMA number. The Customer must pay for the non-compliant product(s) return transportation costs to ATI for evaluation of said product(s) for repair or replacement.
- ATI will pay for the shipping of the repaired or replaced in-warranty product(s) back to the Customer (any and all customs charges, tariffs, or/and taxes are the customer’s responsibility).
- The Product warranty does not cover damage from accident, acts of God, neglect, contamination, misuse or abnormal conditions of operation or handling, including over-voltage failures caused by use outside of the product’s specified rating, or normal wear and tear of mechanical components.