New AW+ Default Start-up behaviorStarting from AlliedWare plus release 5.4.7-0.4 the startup sequence of non configured switches will be different from the past and will make much easier to use and access the configuration facility of a new switch out of the box or after a factory reset.How the new start-up process worksThe following sequence of events occurs when an unconfigured device starts up:
The new default startup sequence does not affect at all already configured switches that will continue to use the user configured sequence.
- Telnet is disabled and SSH server is enabled for improved security
- DHCP and DHCPv6 clients are enabled on the management interface, and the DHCP and DHCPv6 client processes are started.
- An IPv6 link-local address is automatically assigned to the management interface
- IPv4 and/or IPv6 address obtained from DHCP or DHCPv6 are automatically assigned to the management interface
- If the device does not receive an IPv4 address via DHCP within 10 seconds, the class B IPv4 link-local address 169.254.42.42/16 is automatically assigned to the management interface.
- Loop Protection is enabled by default (if the device supports it)
- The device also disables the IPv4 DHCP client at this point